While we were waiting or them to check in and map out the race, the four of us stopped by the Rosenbruch Wildlife Museum. Jonathon didn't think that watching people run counted as doing something fun on vacation. He wanted to see animals. We found this place as we were driving into town and it was quite the find.
Not only did we get to see SOOOO many animals, but the kids got to pretend to be animals (wearing the furs) and pretend to be mighty hunters. We had a wonderful time and Jonathon decided that this could now be considered a "real" vacation!
The next morning we were off to the race bright and early. At the beginning of the race I had a little twing of jealousy and was wishing I had trained to race, as well. But after I saw the hills in the neighborhoods around miles 8-10, I started thinking that hanging out with the rest of the family, chasing the runners in the car was perhaps a better decision after all!


We had a great time cheering on the crew as they ran by - though Jonathon preferred finding sticks for digging in the mud to watching random people darting by.
In the end, all three runners did great in the race. Brent went a little TOO fast and we didn't even realize we missed him entirely at the finish line because we didn't think he would be there yet. Way to go guys! Huge accomplishment!
1 comment:
You got some GREAT pictures of them. Nice work!
Post a Comment